Friday, November 7, 2008

Black Friday Already?

This infamous day will be upon us shortly. In fact, some stores have already begun their deep-discounted holiday sales. Of course, one way to find out about all of the sales is to wait until Thanksgiving for the six-inch paper with all of the ads. Or, you can check this site out and get a heads up on your holiday "deals and steals". (I use that term jokingly because I think it is so corny. Add to that "tips and tricks".)

The argument is out there that it is wise to start your Christmas shopping early because it spreads the expenses out over a longer amount of time. This is more psychological than anything, but whatever works.

For me, I try to get all my shopping done early so I can actually enjoy the season without the stress of overrun malls and picked over merchandise. Maybe you feel it is too early for Christmas shopping and you can't get in the mood. If that is the case, turn on one of your local radio stations that is already playing Christmas music and get a peppermint hot chocolate from Starbucks and you'll be ready to go.

No comments: