Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Are you sick and tired of being sick and tired?

If you are familiar with Dave Ramsey, you know what I’m talking about. Are you sick and tired of monthly credit card bills? A mortgage that you feel you are making no progress on? Student loans? Constantly monitoring your checking account balance so you don’t overdraw? Do you feel guilty spending $100 at the grocery store even though the food you buy is actually healthy for you? I will be honest here. I have felt all of these things at one point or another, and I’ve had enough!


My wife and I have made the decision that 2009 will be a memorable year in our lives. We are making it our goal to eliminate all of our debt (except our mortgage) this year.

Are you capable of the same?

Maybe you just got married and still have to pay off the wedding. Or, you overspent this Christmas (and the last 5 Christmas’) and the bills are going to be coming in soon. Are you looking to finally rid yourself of your student loans and begin having a positive monthly cash flow? Minimum payments are no longer the answer. It’s time to get your hands dirty and eliminate this debt. If the borrower is a slave to the lender, then 2009 will truly be a year of freedom.

As my wife and I take on this adventure, I will be sure to keep you up-to-date with not only our personal progress, but with the process as well. This isn’t something you can do without a well-devised plan. My challenge to you over these next two days is to assess your own financial situation. Talk it over with your spouse or significant other. You will only achieve your goal if everyone in the household is involved. This means the kids, too, if they are in the picture.

Get motivated, and come up with financial goals for 2009. I’m excited, and I hope you are too!

No comments: