Saturday, May 16, 2009

Learning What You Need to Succeed Part 4

4. Manage your time

I will be the first to admit that time management is not in my top-five list of personal strengths. I could talk up the value of it all day long, though. And I am slowly, but surely getting better at it. My sister-in-law likes to say I operate on “Gill Standard Time”.

I have determined that my schedule gets out of whack when I either put off tasks that I don’t want to do, or take too long on tasks that I enjoy. Can you relate in any way?

So rather than giving you advice that lacks personal credibility, I want to refer you to postings by Liene Stevens of The Smart Planner and Ron Dawson of Cinematic Studios.

They explain, in detail, the advantages of using a block-scheduling format for planning out your day, week, and month. By the time you are done reading these two posts, you will be motivated to change your time-management habits.

Think of how many hours you waste in any given week. What else could you be doing with that time, and how much more successful could your business be if you were able to devote those hours toward something else?

No comments: